2015-05-25

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1529 - Bracket

I'm staring at the "doctor" section, and I can't help but feel like I've forgotten someone.

The joke is that some well-known people have the same or similar-sounding names or titles. In this comic, Randall imagines pitting all people (and some objects) with similar names against each other in a series of unspecified matches. This is drawn out in brackets to the final match, despite the fact that after one or two matches there would be no similar names between the remaining contestants.

Randy should feel bad for thinking that this constitutes entertainment in any way. This is like something I would say if I was trying for anti-humor (although I'd have used an actual setup, to make my audience first think I was going to say something funny).

Fuck this comic. Fuck it. Fuck everything. Let's get everyone on earth in one of these brackets so we can collectively end it all, one round at a time. Whoever wins the last round can staple this comic to the front of a Starbucks so that when the aliens come they'll know why it had to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment