2015-05-17

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1525 - Emojic 8-Ball


This is an interactive comic, so you'll have to click on the image to go to the original and get the full effect. For those of you who want to save a click, if you click the ball, it shakes and a triangle with a random selection of one or two emojis (most of which I just see as retangles) appears in the inner circle.

Speaking of, does the 8-ball remind anyone else of HAL 9000? I know it's hard to give spheres depth, but it looks completely flat to me. Especially when it shakes and the shine doesn't change position or shape at all.

I'm kinda reacting to this the exact same way I reacted to regular magic 8-balls as a kid: "Well, that's not an accurate source of answers to my questions."*. People who believed in these things, is this any funnier for you?


*I also stopped believing in Santa Claus and God at some point in second or third grade, which is probably indicative of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment