2015-05-16

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1524 - Dimensions

I would say time is definitely one of my top three favorite dimensions.

I'm having a little trouble figuring out exactly why, but this joke just feels obvious or easy to me in some way. It gives off the same kind of vibe I get from the 'relatable' (scare quotes!) comics.

The art is surprisingly nice for XKCD, I actually really like how the leaves were done. However, the art adds nothing to the comic, it's almost like it was done to make up for the poor quality of the joke.

The issue with the way this comic is set up is that with Bald just saying the whole thing, it might as well be a tweet. The entire comic is just framework for the text, and while I am grateful to Randy for not just giving us a text-only comic, it has to be stated that were the comic done differently, it'd actually feel like a comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment