2015-01-07

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1470 - KIX


I have made little jokes about Randy actually taking my advice, but I didn't really believe it. I mean, I still don't, but it's fun to pretend. I just like to think that I'm making a difference, that my life isn't all for naught, that someday I'll have a harem of fangirls catering to my every whim and telling me how smart I am.

Like, in this comic, instead of just putting the poster in a white void, he's added people around it looking as contemplative as they can without faces. It really does add to the joke by adding a little atmosphere.

If I was going to criticize it (and I am), I'd say it would've been funnier to have someone on their knees or crouching in front of the board, just finished writing "fucker". In the actual comic, "fucker" has been considered but passed over, whereas in my hypothetical version, "fucker" is still being considered. The contrast between the family friendly slogan and the Tarantino-esque parody would be wider, and therefore bring more lulz.

Also, is it just me or do today's stick figures look... uglier than usual? Lower quality, somehow. The two people on the sides especially, look stretched out. Plus they've got the floaty head thing going on, which I thought we might have moved beyond by now. Maybe they were just drawn in a hurry, KIX probably gave Randy a deadline when they paid him to advertise for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment