2015-01-01

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1467 - EMAIL


Happy New Year, everybody! It's hard to believe I've been doing this for a whole three hundred and sixty-five Earth rotations. Let me tell you: It feels good to know hot chicks will be battering down my door looking for the guy who talked about XKCD for a year.

In my personal opinion, Beret should be used like this more often, this should be Beret's solidified character. Not "existential", not weird, not a prick with supernatural abilities; stupid, but not in an overt way. If Black Hat is Thief, Beret should be Fighter. (by the way: read 8-Bit Theater, it's good.)

I also like the topical nature of the setup and that the conversation progresses more or less naturally, but if you'll read the name of the blog, it does say "XKCD Isn't Funny" and not "The Golden Age Of The Low Countries", so blah blah the vicar and the judge you're all dancing to my little red book. This is a funny comic but I'm still going to complain about it.

Two main issues with this one.
(the above sentence fragment was created as part of an effort to stop all my paragraphs from opening with "I", "It", "The", "This", and "There", so please enjoy it)
The first is that it feels weird for one of these these two everypeople to have a website. I might be wrong, but isn't that an odd thing for just a typical person to have? Not a blog, a full website. I have a website, I just released an album on it, but I'm hardly a most people. Even if you consider that Beret is not supposed to be a typical person, it's Girl that brings it up. From my personal experience, no one will ever casually bring up someone else's website.

My second issue is the way Girl pulls out her phone to show Beret his own website, which just seems rude to me. Imagine having a friendly conversation with your friend when they suddenly feel the need to show you your own website, like you don't know what it is.


Anyway, thank you to all the kind readers that have put up with my stupid fucking whining for an entire goddamn year. Best foot forward for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment