2015-06-09

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1535 - Words For Pets

Seventh year: Perfectly coherent words, but in the pet's language, not mine.

For some reason I'm vaguely surprised by the implication that Randy has a pet.

Now, aside from my usual thing about how graphs are the most logical and direct way to get an idea across and are therefore not generally suited for telling jokes:
This is obviously supposed to be a semi-relatable comic, but I don't know anyone at all who does this. I've had my cat for at least five years now, and I still call her by her name or just "You". Same thing with my friend Jamie and her cat (and her parents and their cats and her brother's dog), my cousin Morgan and her cat, and

wait

What if Randy was actually talking about a BDSM type pet? Wouldn't that be so fucked? Imagine Randall Munroe, creator of XKCD, in a leather suit and holding a whip, and having someone on all fours in front of him. And then he's all like "Now... majajaaduffad... it is time for your punishment.", because it's like humiliating for him to not remember the person's name or whatever?

anyway

Also, it looks kinda weird for the oval to suddenly go to the side in the last iteration. I'd have had the red bubble sliding horizontally rather than vertically, so that the graph didn't need to be re-centered.

No comments:

Post a Comment