2015-07-26

XKCD Is Alright - #1551 - Pluto [+Announcement]

After decades of increasingly confused arguing, Pluto is reclassified as a "dwarf Pluto."

"It's interesting how Randy's thought process when he saw the picture of Pluto was instantly "I can make a comic out of this" while mine was "That would make a bitchin album cover"."

That's the only sentence I wrote of this review on the Wednesday this comic was posted. Since then, I've had a personal emergency that I'm not currently comfortable talking about publicly, which left me without internet access for five days and also did other things. It's possible I'll say what happened at some point in the future, but at this point, suffice to say I'm alright now.

Just like this comic, actually (well, not JUST like this comic, but whatevs). I'm personally not a fan of the drawn outline jokes, since I've seen the "heart" shape compared to like three other things and that makes me think that everyone's forcing themselves to see things that aren't there. But thankfully, there're also jokes like "charging socket", "new netherlands", and etc, some of which are kinda amusing to me. It's not a bad way to go, making enough little jokes that most people could find at least one to laugh at. Some of them are kinda repetitive, though. C'mon, three medical-type jokes? All in all, though, pretty alright.

Just like me, actually (now). However, for reasons related to the personal emergency and what resulted, I'm going to be extending the small posting hiatus for a little while longer. Regular posts should resume mid-August, with attempted updates every day until I catch back up to XKCD. I apologize for the inconvenience and unprofessionalism and thank you for your patience and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment