2015-03-07

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1495 - Hard Reboot


The joke is intended to be that Randy has given into using an easier system that will damage his computer in the longterm. If the light timer happened to reboot while the computer was doing something important, then that could potentially cause various errors.

This, I patiently explain to Randy from across the bar as I drink a martini in my custom suit, could be completely averted if he just shut down his computer at night. "Like a normal person", I say before popping one of those tiny hot dogs with bread into my mouth.

Randy, covered in rags and his own tears, can only fall over from the COLD LOGIC that I just spit at him, his glass of water shattering beside him.

"You know..." I admit to the bartender now that our enemy is unconscious, peering down sadly into my second appletini of the night, "I'm not actually totally sure I understood the comic."

"Hmm?" the bartender replies as he polishes a glass, a thick Russian accent coming through the hummed syllable.

"Yeah, I mean, I checked explainxkcd, but there's always that danger that I'm completely misinterpreting everything. And if I am, you should totally correct me in the comments."

And that was when I passed out from drinking too much, having had a cosmo before the appletinis.

No comments:

Post a Comment