2014-07-01

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1388 - SUBDUCTION LICENSE


I really just don't get what Randy was going for here. I was expecting some kind of pun, but nope. It's just... a guy can now create mountain ranges, okay.

How the hell am I supposed to review this? What's the punchline even supposed to be? It doesn't even have the excuse that it's not supposed to be funny, because it isn't sciency, it isn't pointing anything out, I honestly have no clue what the point of reading this is supposed to be. Am I supposed to be amused, interested, frightened? Is this the beginning of Beret's dark side, attacking his friends in some kind of geeked-up version of Avatar?

I thought this would turn out angrier, but I'm mostly just confused. If someone can point something out to me that I missed, please do. As things stand, this just seems like Randy had a vaguely neat idea and made it into a comic.

1 comment:

  1. i could be wrong here, but i think beret's character is supposed to be someone with incredible powers who is oblivious to the world around him and how what he does affects other people negatively, so i suppose this comic isn't meant to be Beret turning dark, but rather being fascinated by his new "license" while not realizing what it's doing to the other guy. maybe the punchline is just "beret is a stupid godlike figure, hehe weird" which is kinda lazy

    ReplyDelete