2014-06-24

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1385 - THROWING ROCKS


It's comics like this where I really wish I'd decided that my "thing" was going to be passive-aggressive one sentence reviews. I'd just type up "The joke is that reading the comments on a news article is pointless." and be done with it.

I'm setting a limit for myself, preemptively. If XKCD ever gets to the point where every criticism I have of every new comic has already been used multiple times on previous comics, I'm going to stop. There's only so many times little baby Greg could jump off the porch before he realized he wasn't going to fly. There's only so many times angry big boy Greg can yell at a more successful person for making the same mistakes over and over again.

Today's criticism I'm rolling out of the storeroom is my trusty "not presented wackily enough". Today's comic has a solemn, almost somber tone, more befitting the middle of a Godspeed You! Black Emperor song than a successful comedy webcomic*. Look at Megan in the third panel. She's looking at that rock as if it holds the meaning for her empty life, but it doesn't. Nothing will. God is dead. We are alone.

Oh, happy first day of summer everyone.




*"Successful Comedy Webcomic" is going to end up as a name for one of my music alias things.

No comments:

Post a Comment