2014-06-21

XKCD Is Really Annoying - #1384 - KRYPTON


Well, that was dark. "The crying baby is annoying, let's send it to an exploding planet." That's almost Louis CK level stuff right there.

I don't really have a problem with dark humor, as long as it's done well. The aforementioned Louis CK is my third favorite comedian. It's a bit jarring to see Randy "kiss people" Monroe come out with something like this, though.

Regarding the comic itself... I don't really see what the point of it is, I don't see what Randy was trying to do with it. It's not a parody of Superman's origin story, since nothing from Superman actually has any impact on anything. Replacing "Krypton" with, say, Makemake, doesn't affect the comic at all. So what we're left with is "Let's kill an annoying baby."

Am I missing something here? I'm honestly asking, explainxkcd is down right now. Nothing in this comic is given any emphasis, I don't know what I'm supposed to be focused on. It really does just seem like a lame dead baby joke with a random Superman reference.

Two last thoughts:
1. Only showing the baby's cry in the first panel was a stupid decision.
2. Rob Swire did this much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment