2014-03-17

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1343 - "MANUALS"

i mess the images up because it counts as remixing

It's almost comforting, in a world as uncertain as ours, that some things can be counted as consistent, like the relative strength of gravity, the way a recording will play back, and XKCD sucking.

The problem with graph jokes is that graph jokes are often the simplest way of getting the joke across, and more often then not, the simplest way of getting a joke across is the least humorous. There is no joke that can only be communicated in one way, and Randy knows this. It's not like it's much more effort to draw stick figures talking about the same thing.

(rough script)
Megan: "Ugh! I am having the troubles reading this manual! This tool, I know not how to use it!"
Dudeguy: "I had a problem like that once, my dear lover Megan, that I intercourse with regularly. That problem also involved reading a manual!"
Megan: "Tell me more, oh lover of mine, that is handsome and attractive and smart!"
Dudeguy: "The occurence was when I wanted to learn how to use a tool!"
Megan: "You have such a good memory, Dudeguy!"
Dudeguy: "I know, Megan. And every night with you is another memory!"
Megan: "You're so romantic, Dudeguy!"
Dudeguy: "Whilst learning how to use a tool (the tool was a hammer) I consulted its manual!"
Megan: "That is what I did! You're so understanding, Dudeguy!"
Dudeguy: "Yes I am, Megan! But when consulting the manual, I found to my mounting horror, that the manual was complicated!"
Megan: "You're so brave, RanDudeguy!"
Dudeguy: "Not only that, Megan, but I also have a large penis!"
Megan: "Thank you for reminding me, Dudeguy, I might have forgotten as I suffer from long term memory loss. You're so considerate!"
Dudeguy: "You're welcome, female of my race! Let me continue to astound you with my tale! The manual had a "How To Read This Manual!" section!"
Reader: "HAHAHAHAHA"
*END*

No comments:

Post a Comment