2016-02-19

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1640 - Super Bowl Context - #1641 - Hot Dogs


You know, I feel like Randy would be not uninteresting on a podcast type thing. One of those talky type podcasts where two or three people just have a conversation and the listener is just along for the ride. It'd be neat to hear his statistics which I'm assuming would be mostly accurate, and then the other people could be like "Oh, I wonder why that is? Maybe it's..." and everyone would learn and have brain juices flowing and stuff.

I don't think it works in comic form. It really just feels like he's showing off. It's like when Notch was complaining about how hard it is to be a billionaire. Excuse me for not being moved by Randy's plight of having too much knowledge to contain in his brain.

White Hat's appearance is also kinda confusing. If I didn't know his history, I'd say he was the reasonable one. That's the problem with having archetypes instead of dynamic characters, when they act outside of their usual boundaries it's offputting, even though it is more realistic.


Before I went vegetarian I used to just chop up the two leftover hotdogs and mix them with the leftover beans and onions in a bowl with some brown sugar, it was delish (that's 'delicious' for you people that aren't hip to the vibes).

I really wish we got to see he condom person. It could add to the joke a lot if we got even a smidgen of quasi-characterization. I'm not saying that we need their whole backstory, but it'd be cool to see a little bit of what type of person they are. Like, we'd get a different feeling of the punchline if it was Black Hat saying it than if it was some gross unshaven person.

I also really want to know why the person is putting hot dogs in condoms. The obvious explanation is that it's a dildo substitute, but just imagine the other possibilities! Maybe the other person has discovered that hot dogs cook really well in condoms, which could then lead into a fun double-subversion if he's then asked how he found that out and he says "Oh I was gonna fuck myself with one and I wanted to see if it was better or worse cooked. ...why, you don't do that?" Or, if it's Black Hat, maybe it's the start of some fiendish scheme to terrify the populace with floating penises (the condoms would be filled with helium).

Someone tell Randy to do a What If about how much helium gas it would take to float a thousand hot dogs in condoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment