2014-05-08

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1365 - Inflation


I'm pretty sure that this is something that is limited to just my experience, but I really don't like the way the speech is formatted in the first two panels. It's like reading a Facebook status by one of those awful people that uses "..." in place of all other punctuation.

to give an... example... look... this is annoying to read... because... makes you pause... every ellipsis

But, like I said, that is probably just me, and I'm afraid that's going to be a common theme in this review. I got that the joke was "what if something was written on the universe?" but I had to look up what the actual full joke was, which is disappointingly "this science thing looks like a basketball". Spalding is apparently a company that makes basketballs.

The joke could be salvaged by making the setup less awkward and making it more obvious that the word is supposed to be a company name, like taking the actual logo and putting it in.

Honestly, this is just a lame comic. Lame attempt at philosophy, lame attempt at a joke, and I've really got nothing to say other than I'm sorry for the late post, I was busy at a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment